Experience Design Strategist
Job Title: Experience Design Strategist
Job Location: Zurich
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Languages required: English and German
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating a lot of opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. And this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for an Experience Design Strategist to join our Zurich Team
An introduction to Cognizant Digital Experience practice:
Cognizant’s Digital Experience helps business develop and execute a digital business strategy aligned to their business objectives, leveraging digital capabilities and market advantages to produce sustainable competitive advantage.
Our goal is to help the world’s largest companies deliver value at scale for their customers, employees, and shareholders—and to do so in a way that makes sense for the planet. Our teams are practitioner-led, meaning the people who do the work collaborate closely with clients and each other to define and deliver transformative digital experiences. To create these teams, we carefully assemble individuals from a wide range of educational backgrounds, international settings, and professional expertise.
Your mission is to understand how changes in the world around us are impacting human behavior, and to use these insights to define unique propositions for clients. To do this, you bring a keen understanding of trends in technology, business, and society together with data on customer behavior provided by our industry-leading ethnographic and quant research experts.
The result is clear and captivating hypotheses that are expansive in ambition and uniquely crafted to the strengths and capabilities of each client. Coming up with a great idea isn’t enough. You will also need to support your hypothesis with relevant data and create a plan for testing and evolving it in the market. Once validated, these hypotheses will form the foundation upon which our teams of service designers, content specialists, transformation leads, and technologists will build transformational digital experiences.
As part of a creative team, you work with many kinds of creative thinkers all tasked with ensuring creative excellence across our client partner’s product portfolio and services. Your goal is to deliver outstanding experiences and to discover new business opportunities. By embracing user insights, business requirements and strategic thinking, you strive to create delightfully and sticky experiences that will define the future of our client partner’s digital presence.
Experience Design Strategist primary responsibilities:
- Design, plan and conduct research to extract insights from people: quantitative, qualitative, desktop research, third party research, etc.
- Support teams across all areas of design processes and practice – from problem space and audience understanding, and the formulation and validation of hypotheses through to hands-on CX, UX, UI and content design and beyond.
- Apply, develop and conduct different primary research techniques to garner and unearth insights that spark the creative process (across channels - products, services, advertising, customer service, etc.)
- Guide a diverse team of product designers, content designers, strategists and research practitioners and will work closely across disciplines to collaboratively design and deliver memorable and compelling experiences.
- Work with clients and agency to develop product/experience and content roadmaps.
- Establishing key client relationships, and guiding client thinking and decision making, supported by strategically minded customer and business insights.
- Building knowledge across the team – Participate in regular strategy and design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Working across multiple projects – Execute against multiple work streams in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually-based, iconic experiences.
- Ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and client.
Experience Design Strategist required experience:
- 5+ years of experience working as an Experience strategist, CX Strategist, UX Researcher, Design Researcher or UX Consultant. (Or some combination of project/team management, research and interaction design)
- Proven quantitative research experience and qualitative research experience (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) with an ability to see and adapt insights towards business value.
- Has previous experience in leading creative development processes; briefing creative and design teams and evaluating creative ideas based on brief and strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present in a manner that influences and leads others around a great idea.
- Language Skills – German and English
If you’re interested in this Experience Design Strategist role, don’t hesitate and APPLY NOW!
Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Our Candidate Privacy Statement is available on our Careers website.