Get to know icebreaker
We’re looking for an outstanding Global Product Design Director to join our icebreaker team in Stabio, Switzerland.
Are you passionate about a natural way of life? Do you want to be part of a purposeful movement towards Move to natural? Either way, we’re looking for you!
Do you challenge the status quo? Always asking questions and seeking out solutions? Are you yearning to make an impact and interested in Natural products? Then this is something for you!
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. Sustainability isn’t just a campaign, it’s the core of our business. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation, we have never been in a better place to drive a global movement for nature, and the betterment of our species and the planet.
Let’s talk about the role!
As leader of the Product Design team at icebreaker, you will:
- drive outdoor lifestyle apparel concepts while ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction and the global business needs
- apply your vision throughout the design process
- apply true leadership and design skills to guide the team in creating product that meets expectations in terms of value (i.e.: style, details, fit) and cost
- build credibility for the design team by constantly interacting with team-members accountable on the same category (i.e.: Development and Merchandising)
- conceptualize and create apparel that meets relevant trends and leverages the brand DNA
- ensure design practicality to meet global business needs.
What will you do?
• Ensure the team delivers against the seasonal calendar milestones and product timelines
• Work in close partnership with Development Managers, PM and Global Merchandising
• Monitor product development to ensure style, fit, quality, detail requirements are addressed
• Lead the conceptualization of seasonal stories and strategy
• To contribute to the delivery of landed margin through the creation and implementation of a value engineering design approach
• Address Target consumer, wearing occasions, market opportunities
• Drive Materials selection with Material specialists, Developers, Designers
• Join Materials selection with Material specialists and Development Managers
• Enable team to meet expectations on accuracy and on-time delivery along product calendar
• Drive agile decision making on prototype review and revision
• Internal and external line presentations
• Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
What’s on your CV?
• Education: Bachelor's degree or (equivalent) in Apparel or Consumer Product Design
• Experience: 8-10 years of Apparel Product Design with similar brand(s) or organization(s)
• Languages: Fluent English essential; additional language is a plus.
• Proficiency in 3D Product Creation Software eg: Browswear, CLO.
• Demonstrated strength in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Email (Outlook)
• In-Design, Keynote, Excel and Word.
• Ability to priorities multiple tasks in a fast environment and the flexibility to manage and adapt to change.
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work within a cross-functional team that supports Project Management and Development.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent Presentation Skills.
What’s in it for you?
It’s not just our products which set us apart from others, our people first approach is what drives us.
• Be part of VF International: a multi brand and multi countries organization with career growth opportunities.
• International, fun yet challenging working culture
• Join a purpose-led brand and organization
icebreaker is a world leader in natural fibers clothing, and we supply our Natural products for our consumers to move to Natural in more than 5000 stores across 50 countries. We care about our relationships with nature and each other. We’re a fast moving, nimble business – the people on our team are here because they want to make an impact.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.