For a multinational company, site in Lugano Area, we are looking for a
We offer an try and hire contract.
The shipping operator will be responsible for the shipment of all machines and/or entire lines, as well as any machines components and spare parts, leaving the factory of Lugano to reach the customers' and/or suppliers' sites based in CH and abroad;
He/she will be in charge of any shipment issues, including documentation, invoices, origin certificate,
In arranging shipments for both operations and aftermarket unit., he/she:
• will be in touch with warehouse for weight/dimension information
• needs to collect any shipping documents
• checks the origin of the goods
• responds to shipping inquiries and answer order status questions.
• prepares invoices and sends to customers and administration
• will be in touch with the transport companies and with the customers, for any shipping details
• will be responsible for shipping costs
• keeps updated on shipping and customs issues
- immediate availability
- At least 2 years of experience in the same position, in an industrial company.
- Thorough knowledge of effective shipping/receiving procedures (see below professional knowledge)
- Understanding customs duties, taxes (VAT), customs clearance, intra community trading and mandatory announcements, declarations & certifications;
- Basics for limitation of liability (GC Spedlogswiss, CM R, Montreal-agreement, Hague-Visby-rules) / transport insurance & filing (transport order);
- Transport-/ customs documents: sense, sourcing, filing, and using them in combination with a letter of credit (for example: T1, T2, CIM, CMR, FCR, Carnet TIR, Carnet ATA, AWB, B/L);
- Aspects for determination and proof of preferential origin
- lncoterms knowledge (EXW, FCA, DOP, FAS, FOB, CIF);
- Working knowledge of the tariff heading
We offer a try and hire contract, inside a very dynamic and stimulating work environment, with the possibility to learn and face new challenges.
If in line with the requisites and interested to delve into this opportunity, we will be glad to receive your application with your up-to-date and detailed CV.