Ridgeline Discovery is looking for a Senior/Principal Scientist Analytical Development.
Ridgeline Discovery, a Versant Ventures Discovery Engine creates and operates Versant-financed innovative biotech companies in Basel, Switzerland. In its first years Ridgeline has assembled an international team of > 30 highly experienced drug discovery professionals and built and operated several new successful companies, including Black Diamond, Bright Peak and Monte Rosa. Ridgeline is currently expanding its capabilities in Basel to support further company creation efforts in small molecules, biologics and gene/cell therapy with focus on oncology and immunology.
This Basel (Switzerland) based position offers a tremendous opportunity to support our growing companies in an experienced, vibrant and agile biotech team.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with a positive “can-do” attitude, hands-on, strong analytical and organizational skills and strategic mindset.
- Design and execution of development studies that support the development of a cell therapy product
- Design, develop and qualify analytical methods required for characterization of cell-based products, including the establishment of specificity, sensitivity, linearity, precision, accuracy and range
- Execute test methods in support of Process Development activities (e.g. flow cytometry, cell count, qPCR, ELISA, analytics of genome editing events, NSG, cell-based potency assays)
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and trend assay performance
- Report on project progress to multiple audiences, contribute to study protocols and reports, provide technical recommendations
- Author and review qualification protocols and reports
- Maintain excellent written documentation of completed experiments (e.g. electronic lab notebook and study reports)
- Identify, qualify, and manage critical reagents according to regulatory standards
- Use statistical analysis tools and DoE to understand method robustness to establish relevant system suitability criteria for methods
- Establish reference standard materials as required to support assay validation
- PhD in life science or related discipline with +6 years of work experience, thereof minimum 4 years of experience in assay / analytical development or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with several of the following analytical techniques: Flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, NSG, functional cell-based assays (e.g. in vitro killing etc.)
- Proven experience with the culture of multiple mammalian cell lines and/or primary cells
- Ability to leverage literature to design proof of concept experiments for novel assays
- Proven track record developing assays for the assessment of cell-based products including composition and potency employing multiple analytical methods
- Proven experience with setting up and running validation / qualification studies for analytical methods
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Background in T cell biology
- Experience in working with primary T cell or HSC cultures
- Experience of working in a (GMP-)regulated environment is a plus
- 1+ year of relevant industry experience in cell and gene therapy space
To apply, please send us this application form together with your CV and Cover Letter.