Our Client: Global agricultural enterprise headquartered in the USA with production sites in south-eastern Europe, USA, Asia, Brazil and Africa.
Job Function: You will ensure the continued development of the global sustainability strategy, create content and programs in support of the strategy, develop and communicate the group's sustainability story to key external and internal stakeholders. Your key responsibilities include:
- Manage the development and implementation of the global sustainability strategy including developing policies and programs, integrating business strategies, assessing societal and environmental impacts and assessing key risks and opportunities.
- Manage the implementation and governance of the International Sustainable Tobacco Program.
- Coordinate and accompany social compliance audits performed by third parties.
- Communicate internally and externally on progress made against sustainability targets.
- Drive the creation of annual sustainability reports.
Requested: As Global Sustainability Director you should have 10+ years of experience in managing sustainability programs and developing policies and programs within a corporate environment, including experience in working with various stakeholders, such as NGO's, customers, certification and standards authorities, consultants and internal auditors. Furthermore, you should possess:
- Work permit for Switzerland or Citizen of a Country within the European Community
- A university degree and an MBA.
- Experience specific to the international agribusiness industry.
- Detailed knowledge of the leaf tobacco supply chain from seedling to exports.
- Deep understanding of ESG issues in agriculture, including knowledge in ESG reporting and advanced understanding of standards and trends.
- Experience in developing and implementing sustainability strategies along with developing and running environmental management systems.
- Substantial experience in the coordination of social compliance audits by third parties.
- Proven project management and process mapping skills.
- Strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong persuasion and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communicator with creative, out of the box thinking.
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills covering report writing, delivering training and the presentation of complex information to a variety of audiences. Additional language skills are welcome.
- Ability to operate in a multi-country and multi-cultural environment, based on personal experience working in various countries and cultures.
- Willing to travel internationally, approx. 20%-40%.
Please contact: Paul Brodmann is pleased to give you further information, Tel. +41 (0)44 284 11 11. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref. 032739.