Senior Business Developer DACH
At Alpiq, we have dedicated Business Development and Sales Optimization functions to support our colleagues who work with our customers at the front. These roles are absolutely critical for our success, ensuring the reliability and continuity of our daily operations, as well as the forward looking development of new capabilities. Within this organization for the DACH region, we are currently looking for a Senior Product and Sales Optimization Manager. This role is a great opportunity for an experienced energy professional, who is passionate about optimizing and developing capabilities at the crossroads between sales and operations. This job is to be based at Alpiq HQ in Olten and has the following profile.
Your main responsibilities
- Analysing and understanding our existing backoffice IT setup to support our sales activities, e.g. setting up a customer portal solution with defined interfaces to all relevant internal systems that provide customer data
- Making sure that requested adjustments will be implemented and fully understood by internal stakeholders within given project deadlines
- Driving and pushing automatization processes and reducing manual workload within existing processes as best as possible
- Understanding internal restrictions and trying to find cost efficient alternatives and improvements if needed
- Collaborating with BD peers in the DACH region and beyond in order to set up universal and replicable standards and processes
- Setting up project plans with detailed project overviews and deadlines which will create transparency and inform internal stakeholders about required support and achieved milestones
- Following regulatory changes and anticipating their effect on existing processes
- Higher Degree, ideally with specialization in energy management
- A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience in the energy business with a focus on the Swiss market, thorough understanding of market mechanisms, logistics, processes , energy management data flows, etc.
- Great cross-functional project management skills, continuous improvement mindset
- Above the average analytical skills and ability to deal with high levels of complexity
- Good IT understanding, preferably experienced with energy management IT tools, knowledgeable of end customer solutions
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, must speak fluent E & DE
We offer you modern terms of employment and an interesting and multifaceted area of responsibility in an exciting, dynamic environment. Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply using our job application portal. Alpiq stands for equal employment opportunities. Designations of persons and functions apply to all sexes. Applicants from recruitment agencies can only be considered upon prior arrangement by telephone.
Alpiq Holding Ltd is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading and energy management. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.