Lead Counsel Antibribery / Anticorruption and Human Rights Compliance
Location: Zürich, Global, Switzerland
Job Function: Legal issues / Compliance
Job Reference Code: HQ76473326
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In this role you will be providing leadership for the ABB Integrity & Regulatory Affairs team for ensuring effective design, implementation and testing of Antibribery, Anticorruption (ABC) and Human Rights (HuRi) compliance controls across the ABB business, the latter in coordination with the Sustainability team.
You will be responsible for advising and counselling the Business Area and Division trade compliance network. You will also be responsible for advising and counselling the Legal & Integrity Business Area and Sustainability teams on all ABC and HuRi enforcement matters.
You will be reporting to Head of Trade, ABC & Human Rights Compliance.
- Ensuring the accurate provision of advising and counselling the ABB businesses regarding all aspects of ABC and HuRi laws and regulations, under the leadership and supervision of the Head of Trade, ABC and Human Rights Compliance
- Leading the creation of all policies, procedures, guidance and training needed by the business area, division and sustainability professionals
- Managing the legal & integrity relationship with the business area and division legal counsels and sustainability teammates
- Designing all associated policies and procedures in collaboration with legal & integrity and sustainability teams to ensure ABB has “best in class” processes
- Providing expertise, guidance and leadership with the support of Group Head of Trade, ABC and Human Rights Compliance, regarding global ABC and HuRi laws while monitoring new legal developments in this area across the totality of ABB’s operational footprint
- Preparing annual budget for the function and account for its execution and achievement, monitoring specific function related costs across the countries, regions and group
- Working for designing a monitoring program to test business area and division compliance with the requirements of the legal & integrity and sustainability ABC and HuRi programs
- Conducting regular briefings of the status of ABC and HuRi compliance efforts, any non-compliance events and similar updates to defined stakeholders as agreed by the Head of the function and Sustainability
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- US Law Degree or European Master of Law or equivalent required
- Formal training in legal & integrity with emphasis on high-risk jurisdictions, working on counselling businesses on ABC risk
- 5+ years of in-house legal and/or compliance practice experience with responsibility managing high-risk counselling matters
- Experience managing a multi-jurisdictional team across cultures and time zones with an emphasis on inclusion
- Excellent matter management and communication skills
- Fluency in English required; other languages desired
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at abb.com/careers
Corporate Talent Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees, thereof 6,000 in Switzerland. abb.com